Neonatal Integumentary System
* Describe the embryologic development of the skin.
* Identify the structural differences between infant and adult skin.
* Describe the common variations seen in newborn skin.
* Define the origin and corresponding skin manifestations of neonatal skin infections.
* Describe recommended clinical skin care practices for the neonate.
Joanne McManus Kuller, RN, MS and Carolyn Lund, RN, MS, FAAN
Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialists
Intensive Care Nursery
Children's Hospital and Research Center
Media Format(s): Interactive PDF(English)