Neonatal Cardiovascular System
To present the embryology, pathophysiology and management of the neonatal cariovascular system.
To present the embryology, pathophysiology and management of the neonatal cardiovascular system.
* List the five structures involved with neonatal circulation and compare their functions before and after birth.
* Identify the normal range for vital signs in a newborn.
* Name the three different dysrhythimias and recognize each on rhythm strip.
* Compare the etiology and treatment of three types of shock.
* Describe the etiology, clinical presentation, diagnostic procedures, and treatment options of congestive heart failure.
* List the categories and examples of congenital heart defects.
* Describe the major clinical presentation and/or circulatory abnormality of a congenital heart defect in each of the four categories.
Dianne S. Charsha, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
SVP of Patient Care Services, Chief Nursing Officer
Cooper University Hospital
Camden, New Jersey
Program Date: July 2010
Media Format(s): Interactive PDF(English)
Continuing Education Units: Nurse 2.0 Contact Hours