Eosinophilic Esophagitis Diagnosis and Management
Release Date: 06/18/2014; Expiration Date: 6/17/2017
Chris A. Liacouras, MD
Jonathan M. Spergel, MD
Michele Shuker, MS, RD, CSP, LDN
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- To define Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) and present the updated 2011 diagnostic guidelines.
- To understand the epidemiology, pathophysiology and genetics of EoE.
- To identify the clinical symptoms, allergic manifestations, endoscopic and histologic features of EoE.
- To list and define the treatments of EoE which include dietary restriction, pharmacologic therapy and esophageal dilation.
- To understand how to manage patients with EoE.
- To provide information regarding ongoing and future research on EoE