Pediatric Currents: Screening for Malnutrition Risk in Pediatrics
DESCRIPTION DU COURS :In this course, you’ll describe the value of screening children for malnutrition; define the terms nutrition screen and nutrition assessment; and identify four pediatric nutrition screening tools that have been clinically validated.
OBJECTIFS DU COURS :
- Describe the value of screening children for malnutrition.
- Define the terms nutrition screen and nutrition assessment and recognize the difference between the two.
- Identify four pediatric nutrition screening tools that have been clinically validated.
- CDR Level: 1
- Suggested Learning Codes: 3090, 5070, 5285
- Performance Indicators: 4.2.7, 6.2.3, 8.3.5, 10.1.1
BIOGRAPHIE DU PROFESSEUR
Patricia Becker, MS, RDN, CSP, CNSC
Patricia Becker is a board-certified specialist in pediatric nutrition and nutrition support. She has worked at Dayton Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, and the University of North Carolina Children’s Hospital, among others. In addition, she is in private practice KidsRD.com as a pediatric dietitian, specializing in pediatric undernutrition.
Ms. Becker served as chair of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Evidence Analysis Library Pediatric Nutrition Screening Project. She is the author of the Pediatric Malnutrition section of the Pediatric Nutrition Care Manual. She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/ASPEN Pediatric Malnutrition Work group and lead author of the Consensus statement for ASPEN/AND pediatric malnutrition. Ms. Becker is an author of Identifying Malnutrition in Preterm and Neonatal Populations: Recommended Indicators.
VOUS AVEZ PARTICIPÉ À UN PROGRAMME EN DIRECT?
FOIRE AUX QUESTIONS