Utilizing Continuous Glucose Monitoring Data to Improve Diabetes Care
Course Description:In this course, you’ll learn about continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) reports; discuss the value of real-time glucose trend information; review best practice tips for clinicians; and review examples of how CGM reports can guide patient action.
- Review the utility of different continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) reports to provide glucose pattern recognition and aid in appropriate therapy and lifestyle decisions.
- Discuss the value of real-time glucose trend information to the patient in making daily decisions to improve glycemic outcomes.
- Provide best practice tips for clinicians to educate patients on use of CGM information and achieve patient engagement in shared decision making.
- Explain what data is visualized in the ambulatory glucose standardized report and provide examples on how this view may guide actionable insights.
- CDR Level: 1
- Suggested Learning Codes: 3020, 5190, 9070
- Performance Indicators: 8.3.1, 8.3.4, 8.3.6
- Run Time: 41:38
Course Instructor Bio(s)
Richard Bergenstal, MD
Davida Kruger, MSN, APN-BC, BC-ADM
George Grunberger, MD, FACP, FACE
Abbott Nutrition’s Provider Statement for Nursing CEs:
Abbott Nutrition Health Institute is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing Provider #CEP 11213.
Abbott Nutrition’s Provider Statement for Dietitian CPEUs:
Abbott Nutrition Health Institute (RO002), is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR credentialed practitioners will receive continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program/materials. Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation does not constitute endorsement by CDR of a provider, program, or materials.
In addition to completing an online evaluation, participants of our programs can provide feedback directly to CDR.
Our Learning Approaches
Traditional and Reflective Learning
attended a live program?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
continuing medical education courses