Acid-Base Balance and Blood Gas Interpretation in the Neonate
Reviews principles of acid-base balance in the neonate.
- Review basic principles of acid base balance
- Discuss specific conditions of acidosis and alkalosis
- Discuss role of anion gap
- Review physiology of gas exchange
- Determine how to evaluate blood gas measurements
- Run Time: 42
Course Instructor Bio(s)
David H. Adamkin, MD
Division Director of Neonatology
Norton Children’s Hospital
Dr. David Adamkin is a neonatologist in Louisville, Kentucky and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Baptist Health Louisville and Norton Children's Hospital. He received his medical degree from State University of New York Upstate Medical University and has been in practice for more than 20 years.
attended a live program?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
continuing medical education courses