Pediatric Currents: Ethics in Pediatric Practice
Program Date: 1 November 2018
Continuing Education Units: Nurse Contact: 1.0, Dietitian CPEU: 1.0
Course Description:In this course, you’ll learn about ethics in pediatric practice; identify common ethical dilemmas when caring for children; and review ethics-related resources and guidelines to help support medical decision-making.
- Define ethics and its unique aspects in treating the pediatric population.
- Identify common ethical dilemmas when caring for children.
- Cite ethics-related resources and guidelines to help support medical decision-making.
- CDR Level: 1
- Suggested Learning Codes: 1000, 1050, 5070
- Performance Indicators: 1.1.6, 1.2.2, 1.2.5
- Media Format(s): PDF
- Run Time: 60:00
Course Instructor Bio(s)
Michelle Doran, RN, MS
Doran is the Lead Nurse Planner and the Director of Nursing Continuing Education for Western Schools. Previously, she was the Maternal Child Health Program Manager for Humana Health Plan. Ms. Doran holds degrees from James Madison University, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing and Regis College. She has held administrative leadership positions in pediatrics and maternal-child health in primary care, acute care, academic medical centers, pediatric rehabilitation and in the health plan industry.
attended a live program?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
continuing medical education courses