Inform Decisions that Matter
In this course, you’ll learn about how health economics research can be an effective tool; compare types of costs and benefits that can be measured when assessing the impact of nutrition care interventions; and review examples of studies that use health economics methods.
Please note: the video is accompanied by a required reading that must be completed to obtain the full credit hour.
- Describe health economics research as an effective tool to understand the allocation of health care resources under conditions of scarcity and its value to nutrition care.
- Describe the different types of costs and benefits that can be measured when assessing the impact of nutrition care interventions.
- Provide examples of studies that use health economics methods to showcase the impact nutrition care interventions can have on patients and healthcare systems.
- CDR Level: 1
- Suggested Learning Codes: 1065, 9030, 9060
- Performance Indicators: 6.3.9, 8.3.4
- Media Format(s): Video + Article
- Run Time: 60
Course Instructor Bio(s)
Julia Thornton Snider, PhD
attended a live program?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
continuing medical education courses
Earn CME credits at no cost to you.