Wound Module 3: Making the Connection: Chronic Wounds and Nutrition
Program Date: 15 September 2022
Publication Date: 21 April 2023
Continuing Education Units: Nurse Contact: 1.0; Dietitian CPEU: 1.0
Course Description:In this course, Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN will explore the role of dietitians in wound care; review current evidence-based nutrition assessment and best practices in identifying nutrition gaps as they relate to chronic wounds; identify key nutrients associated with skin integrity and wound healing; and discuss opportunities for collaboration between multidisciplinary teams using a case study approach. Originally presented on September 15, 2022.
• Explore the role of dietitians in wound care prevention and treatment.
• Review current evidence-based nutrition assessment and best practices in identifying nutrition gaps as they relate to chronic wounds.
• Identify key nutrients associated with skin integrity and wound healing as they relate to advanced chronic wounds.
• Discuss opportunities for collaboration between multidisciplinary teams using a case study approach.
- CDR Level: 2
- Performance Indicators: 8.1.1, 8.2.4
- Run Time: 60
Course Instructor Bio(s)
Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN
President, CASE Software and Books
Greensboro, NC, USA
Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN, is an internationally recognized speaker, author, and consultant to health care providers. She received her PhD in human nutrition from the University of North CarolinaGreensboro. Her professional career has included clinical practice, university teaching, and business consulting. She is President of CASE Software & Books, a professional and educational resource company. She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and served on the Academy’s Evidence Analysis Work Groups on wound care and hydration. In 2018, she received the Academy’s Excellence in Practice Award for Consultation and Business Practice. She is the Past President of the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel and served as one of the NPIAP representatives on the 2019 International Clinical Practice Guideline Governance Group.
attended a live program?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
continuing medical education courses