FAST COMPANY RECOGNIZES THE MID-UPPER ARM CIRCUMFERENCE (MUAC) Z-SCORE TAPE AS A WORLD-CHANGING IDEA
Fast Company has recognized the MUAC z-score tape—a simple, inexpensive, paper-based device that helps to identify the risk of malnutrition in children—as one of the World Changing Ideas in Wellness and Developing Nation Technologies for 2021. This recognition indicates that the world’s best ideas produce solutions that address global challenges and provide access to the people who need them.
ANHI has a host of educational resources to help healthcare professionals learn more about the tool, why it's important, and how to use it, including:
- Podcast: Screening for Pediatric Malnutrition with the Mid-Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) Measurement Tool – An 11-minute interview with Susan Abdel-Rahman
- Video: Measuring Mid-Upper Arm Circumference in Pediatric Patients
- Short Video: Using Z-score to Track Anthropometric Measurement in Pediatrics
- Certificate of Training : Pediatric Malnutrition course curriculum
- Self-Study: Measures to Identify Pediatric Malnutrition: Introduction to Mid-Upper Arm Circumference & Z-scores
Abbott Nutrition’s Provider Statement for Nursing CEs:
Abbott Nutrition Health Institute is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing Provider #CEP 11213.
Abbott Nutrition’s Provider Statement for Dietitian CPEUs:
Abbott Nutrition Health Institute (RO002), is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Registered dietitians (RDs) and dietetic technicians, registered (DTRs) will receive continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program/materials. Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation does not constitute endorsement by CDR of a provider, program, or materials.
In addition to completing an online evaluation, participants of our programs can provide feedback directly to CDR.